Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
Position the shock absorber in a suitable holding fixture. Using tool 09727-30021, compress the coil spring.
NOTEDo not use an impact wrench. It will damage the tool.
While holding the shock absorber rod, remove the nut.
NOTEDo not use an impact wrench. It will damage the shock absorber rod.
- Remove the cushion retainer. Remove the number one cushion. Remove the cushion retainer.
- Remove the coil spring upper insulator. Remove the cushion retainer.
- Remove the coil spring.
- Inspect all components for wear and damage. Replace as required. Use new locknuts, as required.
- Assembly is the reverse of the disassembly procedure.
- Align the suspension support and the absorber brush, as shown in the illustration.