Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Remove the shock absorber lower retaining nut.
NOTEWrap the bolt head with tape, to prevent the bolt head from damaging the halfshaft boot.
- Pry down on the suspension arm and remove the retaining bolt.
- Remove the three upper shock absorber retaining nuts.
- Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the upper nuts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Tighten the lower bolt to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).