Inspect the spark plug tip for wear and damage. If the tip is covered with carbon, replace the plug. Do not drop or shock the spark plug. If the ceramic body is broken replace the plug.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the ignition coils.
- Using a 16 mm plug wrench, remove the spark plugs.
- Clean the spark plugs.
- If the electrode has traces of wet carbon, allow it to dry and then clean with a spark plug cleaner.
- Check the spark plug for thread damage and insulator damage. If abnormal, replace the spark plug.
- Adjust the spark plug electrode gap. Electrode gap for new spark plug is 1.0 to 1.1 mm (0.039 to 0.043 in.).
- Using a 16 mm plug wrench, install the spark plugs and tighten to 17.5 Nm (13 ft. lbs.)
- Reinstall the ignition coils.