Removal & Installation
For safety reasons, the brake pressure modulator valve assembly must not be repaired, the complete unit must be replaced. With the exception of the EBCM, no screws on the brake pressure modulator valve assembly may be loosened. If screws are loosened, it will not be possible to get the brake circuits leak-tight and personal injury may result.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Disengage the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) from the connector.
- Push the lock tab down and then move the sliding connector cover to the open position.
- Disconnect the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) harness connector.
- Disconnect the wheel cylinder brake pipes from the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV).
- Gently reposition the brake pipes out of the way only after covering the open pipes to avoid dripping or being contaminated.
- Remove the upper BPMV bracket mounting bolt that connects the upper BPMV mounting bracket to the lower mounting bracket.
- Remove the BPMV and the EBCM as an assembly from the vehicle.
Remove the EBCM if replacing the BPMV only.
- Install the EBCM onto the BPMV if replacing the BPMV only.
- Install the BPMV and the EBCM as an assembly to the lower mounting bracket.
- Install the bolt that connects the EBCM/BPMV assembly to the lower mounting bracket. Tighten the bolt that connects the BPMV to the lower mounting bracket to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the master cylinder brake pipes to the BPMV and tighten the master cylinder brake pipe fittings to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the wheel cylinder brake pipes to the BPMV and tighten the wheel cylinder brake pipe fittings to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Connect the EBCM harness connector.
- Push down the lock tab and then move the sliding connector cover back in the home position to lock.
- Insert the CPA back into place.
- When all procedures have been completed, the automated ABS bleed procedure is required.