Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) from the connector lock tab.
- Push the lock tab down and then move the sliding connector cover (2) to the open position.
- Disconnect the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) harness connector.
- Brush off any dirt/debris that has accumulated on the assembly.
- Remove the four EBCM to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) screws.
Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by gently pulling apart until separated. Do not use a tool to pry the EBCM from the BPMV. Excessive force will damage the EBCM. Be careful not to damage the EBCM seal when removing the EBCM.
- Clean the EBCM gasket and the BPMV surface with alcohol using a clean rag.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the four screws that attaches the EBCM to BPMV. Tighten the four screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the EBCM harness connector.
- Push down lock tab and then move sliding connector cover back in the home position to lock.
- Push the CPA back into place.
- Use a suitable scan tool to perform a diagnostic system check-ABS.