- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the transfer case oil, if equipped.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Support the transmission with a jack and remove the transmission mount and crossmember.
- Place a wooden block at the rear of the cylinder head as shown to support the engine when the transmission is removed.
- Lower the transmission away from the vehicle.
Install or connect the following:
Transmission. Tighten the flange fasteners to 62-72 ft. lbs. (85-98 Nm).
- Fill the transmission to the correct level.
- Fill the transfer case, if equipped.