- Remove the fuel tank filler cap.
- Have an assistant turn the ignition ON , while you listen at the fuel filler tube opening. The operation of the fuel pump should be heard from the fuel filler tube opening for approximately 3 seconds, then it should stop.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
Open the hood to gain access to the fuel return line, connected to the fuel pressure regulator mounted on the throttle body.
- Once again have your assistant turn the ignition ON , while you feel for fuel pressure at the fuel return line near the throttle body. Fuel pressure should be felt at the return line for approximately 3 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON .
- If the fuel pump is not heard operating or if no fuel pressure is felt at the return line, there is a problem with the fuel pump or its circuit.
- Reinstall the fuel tank filler cap.