- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Halfshaft. Tighten the flange bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front skid plate.
- Remove the right front tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the 6 bolts and the flange.
- Remove the right drive axle shaft snap ring.
- Remove the right drive axle shaft spindle washer from the drive axle shaft.
- Make a reference mark on the left drive axle mating flanges and.
- Disconnect the left drive axle from the front differential.
- Make a reference mark on the pinion flange yoke and the differential pinion flange.
- Disconnect the propeller shaft from the front differential
- Support the front differential.
- Remove the front differential bolts.
Lower the front differential and right drive shaft from the vehicle as an assembly.
NOTEThe drive axle circlip may break during the removal and possibly fall into the differential case. If this occurs, the pieces must be removed from the differential.
NOTEThe drive axle is retained with a circlip. If the circlip is off center, the drive axle is very difficult to remove. Center the circlip by rotating and lightly pulling on the drive axle. Continue rotating and pulling until the drive axle pops out about 1 mm (0.039 inch). This movement indicates that the circlip