Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the gear oil.
- Support the vehicle at the frame with a hoist or jackstands.
- Support the rear axle with a floor jack.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
- Fill the rear axle to the correct level.
- Lower the vehicle so that the rear suspension is at curb height.
- Tighten the upper, lower and lateral rod fasteners to 65 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Tighten the lower shock absorber fasteners to 62 ft. lbs. (85 Nm).