Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Loosen the parking brake cable for clearance.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- If equipped with ABS, grind a flat spot on the wheel speed sensor tone ring, then split the ring with a chisel.
- Grind flat spots on the bearing retainer and split it with a chisel.
- Press the wheel bearing off the axle shaft.
- Remove the bearing retainer and the outer oil seal.
Install or connect the following:
Outer oil seal to the bearing retainer
- Fill the rear differential to the correct level.