Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel(s).
- Release the parking brake.
- Remove the parking brake lever cover screws and loosen the brake cable locking nut.
Install 2, 8mm bolts into the brake drum holes and uniformly tighten each bolt. Tighten each bolt until the brake drum is removed from the vehicle. If there is difficulty in removing the drum, insert a small tool through the hole in the rear of the backing plate, and hold the automatic adjusting lever away from the adjuster. Using another narrow, flat tool at the same time, reduce the brake shoe adjuster by turning the adjusting wheel.
- Install the brake drum and pull the parking brake lever all the way up until a clicking sound can no longer be heard.
- Verify that the rear wheels will not turn. If the rear wheels turn, adjust the parking brake cable as necessary.
- Release the parking brake and remove the brake drum.
- If the brake shoe clearance is not correct, adjust the brake shoes until the clearance is correct.
- Reinstall the brake drum, replace the wheel(s), and safely lower the vehicle.
- Adjust the parking brake and install the cover with the 2 screws.
- Road-test the vehicle for proper brake operation.