Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
Starter motor. Tighten the bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Solenoid or Relay
- Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.
Detach the solenoid-to-starter motor wire from the solenoid terminal.
NOTEDo not disassemble the solenoid; if the solenoid is defective, replace the entire unit with a new one.
Remove the two attaching screws, then slide the solenoid out of the starter motor housing flange.
- Inspect the solenoid plunger joint for wear or other damage. Replace it, if damage is evident.
- Apply Suzuki Super Grease A (99000-25010) or equivalent, to the solenoid plunger and to the tip of the lever arm (inside the starter motor-to-solenoid housing hole).
- Insert the solenoid into the starter motor housing, ensuring that the matchmarks made during removal are aligned.
- Install and tighten the two attaching screws securely.
- Attach the starter motor-to-solenoid wire to the solenoid terminal.
- While the starter motor is removed form the vehicle, perform the testing procedure to ensure that the new solenoid functions properly.
- Install the starter motor.