Hyundai Tucson 2006-2008
This procedure should be followed to ensure adequate bleeding of air and the filling of the ABS unit, the brake lines, and the master cylinder with brake fluid.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the reservoir cap and fill the brake reservoir with brake fluid.
WARNINGIf there is any brake fluid on any painted surface, wash it off immediately.
NOTEWhen pressure bleeding, do not depress the brake pedal. Recommended brake fluid: DOT3 or DOT4.
- Connect a clear plastic tube to the wheel cylinder bleeder plug and insert the other end of the tube into a clear plastic bottle that is half filled with clean brake fluid.
- Connect the Hi-Scan Pro® to the data link connector located underneath the dash panel.
Select and operate according to the instructions on the Hi-Scan Pro® screen.
CAUTIONYou must obey the maximum operating time of the ABS motor with the Hi-Scan Pro® to prevent the motor pump from burning.
- Select Hyundai vehicle diagnosis.
- Select vehicle name.
- Select Anti-Lock Brake system.
- Select air bleeding mode.
Press "YES" to operate motor pump and solenoid valve.
WARNINGWait 60 seconds before operating the air bleeding or damage to the motor may occur.
- Wait 60 seconds before operating the air bleeding.
- Pump the brake pedal several times, and then loosen the bleeder screw until fluid starts to run out without bubbles. Then, close the bleeder screw.
- Repeat until there are no more bubbles in the fluid for each wheel.