Hyundai Tucson 2006-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the piston stop ring.
- Pull out the push rod and piston assembly.
- Remove the reserve tank band, reserve tank cap, and reserve tank.
- Check the inside of the cylinder body for rust, pitting, or scoring.
- Check the piston cup for wear or distortion.
- Check the piston for rust, pitting, or scoring.
- Check to make sure the clutch line tube is not clogged or restricted in any way.
Measure the master cylinder inside diameter and the piston outside diameter with a cylinder gauge micrometer.
NOTEMeasure the inside diameter of the master cylinder at 3 places (bottom, middle, and top) in a perpendicular direction.
If the master cylinder-to-piston clearance exceeds the limit, replace the master cylinder and/or piston assembly. Limit: 0.006 inch (0.15mm).
- Apply the specified fluid to the inner surface of the master cylinder body (A) and to the entire periphery of the piston assembly (B). Specified fluid: Brake fluid DOT 3 or DOT 4.
- Install the piston assembly.
- Install the piston snap ring.
Install the push rod assembly.