Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the front exhaust pipe-2.7L engine.
- Remove the oil pan bolts.
Using the SST (09215-3C000), remove the oil pan.
- Insert the SST between the oil pan and the ladder frame by tapping it with a plastic hammer in the direction of arrow.
After tapping the SST with a plastic hammer along the direction of arrow around more than
of the edge of the oil pan, remove it from the ladder frame.
WARNINGDo not turn over the SST abruptly without tapping or damage may occur to the SST or oil pan.
- Using a razor blade and gasket scraper, carefully remove all the old packing material from the gasket surfaces.
Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry before applying liquid gasket.
- Apply liquid gasket as an even bead, centered between the edges of the mating surface. Use liquid gasket: TB1217H or equivalent. Apply a bead 1 / 8 inch (3mm) wide to the oil pan.
To prevent leakage of oil, apply liquid gasket to the inner threads of the bolt holes.
NOTEDo not install the parts if 5 minutes or more have elapsed since applying the liquid gasket. Instead, reapply liquid gasket after removing the residue.
- Install the oil pan with the bolts. Uniformly tighten the bolts in several passes. Tightening torque: 84-108 inch lbs. (10-12 Nm).
Install the front exhaust pipe-2.7L engine.
NOTEAfter assembly, wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Fill with engine oil.
- Run engine and check for leaks.