- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to Relieving Fuel System Pressure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front and main muffler assembly.
- Remove the propeller-shaft (4WD only).
Disconnect the fuel filler hose (A), fuel leveling hose (B), and ventilation hose (C).
Support the fuel tank with a jack and then remove the 2 fuel tank bands (A).
Remove the 4 parking brake mounting bolts (A).
Slowly lower the fuel tank just enough to provide work space to disconnect the fuel pump connector (A) and fuel feed hose (B).
Disconnect the sub fuel sender connector (A).
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Tighten the fuel tank band mounting nuts to: 29-40 ft. lbs. (39-54 Nm).