Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Record the radio anti-theft code data and any radio station presets that would be reprogrammed later.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONAfter disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait for at least 3 minutes for the SRS module to deplete its stored energy.
WARNINGWhen prying with a flat-tipped screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.
CAUTIONAn assistant is helpful when removing and installing the crash pad. Take care not to scratch the crash pad, body, or other related parts. Put on gloves to protect your hands.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front seat, both sides
- Disconnect the passenger-s air bag connector (A).
- Loosen the bolts and nut, then remove the instrument panel/crash pad (B).
Carefully remove the crash pad through the front door opening.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Make sure the crash pad fits onto the guide pins correctly.
- Before tightening the bolts, make sure the crash pad wire harnesses are not pinched.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly, and the antenna lead is connected properly.
Enter the anti-theft code for the radio and radio station presets that were saved earlier.