- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), Disarming The System.
Remove the bolts (A) shown in the illustration, and then remove the driver-s airbag module (B).
Remove the steering wheel lock nut (A).
After aligning the marks on the steering shaft and wheel (A), remove the steering wheel using the special tool (09561-11002).
WARNINGDo not hammer on the steering wheel to remove it as this may cause damage to the steering column.
- Using the aligning marks previously made, install the steering wheel onto the steering column.
- Install the steering lock nut. Tighten to 29-36 ft. lbs. (40-50 Nm).
- Insert the driver-s air bag module and tighten securely with new bolts. Tighten to 60-96 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), arming the system.