The neutral safety switch and back-up light are combined into one switch referred to as the multi-function Transmission Range (TR) Switch. The switch also supplies input for the on dash gear position indicators on models so equipped.
The TR switch is also used to operate the back-up light.REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- If equipped with a lower engine shield, remove the shield.
- Disconnect the Transmission Range (TR) Switch electrical connector.
- Remove the switch mounting fasteners and remove the switch.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal.