- The lines should be removed as a set. Loosen the fittings at each injector.
- Use a back-up wrench to loosen the lines from the injection pump.
- Remove the lines as a set, and cap the injectors and pump fittings immediately.
- Make sure the flares on the lines are not split or flattened. If they are, the line should be replaced.
- Fit the lines into place and hand-start all the nuts. Use a back-up wrench and tighten the line nuts at the pump to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Do NOT over-tighten the nuts or the flares will split and the line will leak.
- Finally, tighten the nuts at the nozzle end to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).