Observe all safety precautions while performing the procedure.
Determine the correct radio anti-theft coding before disconnecting the battery.
- With the ignition switch off, disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Remove the fuel pump access cover in luggage compartment floor
- Disconnect the harness connector, fuel supply and return hose from the flange.
- Remove the ring nut with spanner wrench.
- Remove the flange and sealing ring from the fuel tank opening.
- Loosen the fuel pump module from bayonet connection by turning it to the left and removing it from the tank opening.
If the fuel pump module is still filled with fuel, empty before installation.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal procedure. Note the following during installation:
- When installing the fuel pump module, make certain the fuel sensor arm is not bent.
- Lubricate the flange seal with fuel before installing.
- Ensure the proper installation position of the fuel pump module flange and attaching parts, as shown.
- When the fuel pump module is correctly installed, the fuel gauge sender points to the direction of travel "A", as shown.