Follow all safety precautions while performing this repair.
Obtain the radio anti-theft code from the customer before disconnecting the battery ground cable.
- Ensure the ignition key is OFF , and then disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the right rear wheel housing.
- Drain the fuel tank after cleaning the fuel filler neck and surrounding area.
- Remove the mounting bolts and tank flap unit with splash shield.
- Remove the mounting bolts on filler neck.
- Support the tank, using a suitable jack. Take care not to damage the tank.
- Remove the mounting straps.
- Lower the jack enough to allow supply/return line and fuel gauge sensor connector to be disconnected.
- Unclip the supply and return lines from the fuel tank.
- Lower the fuel tank
Install in the reverse order and note the following:
- Route the breather hose to prevent kinks.
- Ensure the fuel hoses are installed kink free.
- Secure the hoses with screw clamps.
Do NOT interchange the supply and return hoses (return hose has blue-on-blue markings, the supply line is black).
- Securely clamp the supply and return hoses to the tank.