1993-97 Passat Models
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Insert a thin sturdy tool such as 0.35 inch (0.90 mm) feeler gauge in the small gap between the top of the switch assembly and the left side dash vent.
- Insert the tool into the gap just to the right of the light switch knob and move the tool to the right to release the lock tab. Continue pressing on the lock tab, grasp the light switch knob and pull the switch out.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the switch.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal.