- To check the sensor function, switch on the ignition. Cover the photo sensor for a few seconds, then shine a flashlight at photo sensor. The mirror surface must dim (ensure reverse gear is not engaged).
- Press the left and right cover cap halves (1 and 5) apart and remove. Pull the connector (3) out of the mirror base (2) and disconnect it.
- Remove the mirror base with the mirror (6) downward from the retaining plate (arrow).
- Installation is in reverse order of removal.
- Unclip the cable channel cover.
- Remove the harness connector from the retainer and disconnect.
- Pull the rearview mirror down at an angle to release it from the retaining plate (retaining springs in base of mirror).
Do NOT use the cable channel to turn the mirror.
- Install the mirror at 60-90 degrees offset to the installation position and turn it until the retaining spring engages.