- To check the sensor function, switch on the ignition. Cover the photo sensor for a few seconds, then shine a flashlight at photo sensor. The mirror surface must dim (ensure reverse gear is not engaged).
- Press the left and right cover cap halves (1 and 5) apart and remove. Pull the connector (3) out of the mirror base (2) and disconnect it.
- Remove the mirror base with the mirror (6) downward from the retaining plate (arrow).
- Installation is in reverse order of removal.
- Unclip the cable channel cover.
- Remove the harness connector from the retainer and disconnect.
- Pull the rearview mirror down at an angle to release it from the retaining plate (retaining springs in base of mirror).
- Install the mirror at 60-90 degrees offset to the installation position and turn it until the retaining spring engages.