The lock cylinder can only be removed in conjunction with the carrier (1).
- Remove the exterior handle assembly (2) attaching nuts.
- Remove the door handle trim (3) by unscrewing the hex nuts and taking the outer hand grip off of the tailgate.
- Remove the handle (4).
- Remove the door handle lever (5).
- Note the location of the pop rivet nut (6).
- Remove the base for the registration plate (7).
- To remove the lock latch assembly (8):
- Remove the tailgate trim.
- Disconnect the connector on lock.
- Unclip the operating rod (12), unscrew nuts and take lock out of rear lid/tailgate.
- Remove the relay lever (9) for the latch assembly
- Remove the relay latch assembly relay lever nut and remove the lever (10).
- To remove the central locking actuator (11):
- Remove the lock cylinder carrier.
- Unbolt the actuator (11) and it allow to hang.
- To remove the operating rod:
- Press the relay lever (14) against its stop and insert the operating rod, free of tension.
- Remove the connector sleeve (13).
- Remove the relay lever (14).
To remove the lock cylinder from the carrier:
- Unclip the operating rod (12) for rear lid/tailgate lock.
- Release the securing clip by turning it counterclockwise with a screwdriver and hold in this position.
- Pull the lock cylinder carrier off of the tailgate/rear lid and off of the outer hand grip.
- The lock cylinder can now be taken out of the carrier.
Installation is in reverse order of removal.
- Remove the rear lid lock (3) after unscrewing the retaining nuts (8).
- Remove the locking cylinder (4):
- Disconnect the vacuum line for central locking system.
- Disconnect the harness connectors.
- Unclip the operating rod (9).
- Remove the cylinder bolts (7).
- Remove the lock assembly (3).
Installation is in reverse order of removalADJUSTMENT
- Loosen bolt (11) and detach the stop buffer.
- Tighten bolt (11) finger-tight (it must still be possible to move the stop buffer).
- Carefully close the rear lid until the lid (2) is flush with the rear side panels.
- Now, carefully open the rear lid.
- Pull the stop buffer out 2 catches (1mm preload) and tighten the bolt (11) to 49-57 inch lbs. (5.5-6.5 Nm).