REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the hood and if equipped with a rubber access cover, remove the cover over the back of the headlight assembly, and then disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
- If a rubber seal/cover is mounted around the bulb, disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb, and then remove the rubber seal/cover.
- Once the electrical connector has been disconnected, squeeze the ends of the retaining bracket inward, then pivot the retainer away from the rear of the headlight assembly.
- Grasp the bulb securely and remove, noting the location of the alignment tabs for installation. Allow the bulb to cool before removing it from the headlight assembly.
- Install the new bulb into the headlight housing and squeeze the ends of the retaining bracket inward while pivoting the retainer toward the rear of the headlight assembly. Release the retaining bracket making sure it is fully seated in its retainer.
- The balance of assembly is in reverse order of removal.
The following items should be considered before aiming the headlights:
- Park the vehicle on level ground, so it is perpendicular to and, facing a flat wall about 25 ft. (7.6m) away.
- Remove any stone shields, if equipped, and switch ON the lights.
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver or suitable hex tool, aim them as follows:
- The horizontal distance between the center of the light beams on the wall should be the same as between the lights themselves.
- For fog lights, the vertical height of the light beams above the ground should be 4 in. (10cm) less than the distance between the ground and the center of the lamp lenses.
- For driving lights, the vertical height should be even with the distance between the ground and the center of the lamp.
- Test to make sure the lights work correctly, and the light pattern is even.