The fuel tank equipped with ORVR components require special handling. Follow all instructions for servicing the fuel tank as specified in the service procedures. Damage to the fuel system components and the failure to meet the Federal Regulations may result from incorrect servicing of the fuel tank.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
- Remove the catalytic converter and intermediate pipe assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the 2 left side bolts and the 3 right side bolts from the rear exhaust heat shield.
- Remove the rear exhaust heat shield from the underbody.
- Remove the 2 bolts securing the parking brake cable on the right side of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line.
- Disconnect the fuel tank vapor line with the quick release fitting from the fuel vapor pipe. Loosen the fuel filler hose clamp.
- Disconnect the fuel filler hose (2) from the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the ORVR vent line from the Fill Limiter Vent Valve (FLVV) of the evap canister.
- Remove the 4 bolts and the fuel tank straps from the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- If replacing the fuel tank, remove all lines and hoses, and install on the replacement fuel tank.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the strap bolts to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm). Make sure all fuel lines and hoses are properly connected.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks.