Remove the two retainers from the PCM close out panel (1) below the Instrument Panel (IP) compartment door.
- Swing the PCM close out panel (1) down.
- Open the IP compartment.
Push in on both sides of the IP compartment in order to release the safety catches.
Remove the IP compartment door assembly from the IP.
Remove the two PCM bracket fasteners.
- Pull the PCM (2) with brackets (3) toward you and swing both down away from under the IP.
- Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.
Remove the blower motor cooling tube.
- Remove the three bolts (2) and the blower motor and fan (1) from the vehicle.
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications hen installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the blower motor and fan (1) to the vehicle. Secure with the three bolts (2). Tighten the bolts (2) to 89 inch lbs (10 Nm).
- Install the blower motor cooling tube.
- Connect the blower motor electrical connector.
- Swing the PCM with bracket up in position under the IP.
- Secure the PCM to the IP with the two fasteners. Tighten the two fasteners to 80 inch lbs (9 Nm).
- Install the IP compartment door into the IP.
- Swing the close out panel (1) up under the PCM.
- Secure the close out panel (1) to the PCM with the two retainers.