- Discharge and recover the refrigerant.
Loosen the drive belt tension by turning the tensioner clockwise.
- Remove the compressor serpentine drive belt.
- Disconnect the compressor clutch electrical connector (2).
Remove the 1 bolt (7) and the compressor and condenser hose assembly (6) from the compressor.
NOTECap the open fittings to prevent dirt and moisture from entering the refrigeration system.
- Remove the compressor upper mounting bolt (8).
- Raise and suitably support vehicle.
- Remove the engine splash shield.
- Remove the 2 compressor lower mounting bolts (4) and the compressor (3) from the vehicle.
If the compressor is to be replaced, drain and measure the amount of oil in the compressor.
- Drain the PAG oil from the old compressor into the clean calibrated measuring container. Drain from the crankcase and from the rear head ports. Record the amount of oil removed from the old compressor.
Drain the PAG oil from the new compressor into the clean calibrated measuring container. Drain from the crankcase and from the rear head ports.
WARNINGUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
If the amount of old oil drained from the old compressor is less than or equal to 2.5 oz (75 ml), add 75 ml of new oil into the new compressor through the crankcase bolt hole.
- Install the crankcase oil drain bolt to the compressor. Tighten the drain bolt to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Rotate the clutch driver 3 times to lubricate the internal swashplate and the piston shoes.
- Install the compressor to the vehicle. Secure the compressor with the 2 lower mounting bolts (4). Tighten the compressor lower mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the engine splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the compressor upper mounting bolt (8). Tighten the compressor upper mounting bolt to 25 Nm (18 lb ft).
- Install new O-rings (5) lubricated with mineral base 525 viscosity refrigerant oil to the compressor and condenser hose assembly.
- Install the compressor and condenser hose assembly (6) to the compressor. Secure with the bolt (7). Tighten the compressor and condenser hose assembly bolt (7) to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the compressor clutch electrical connector (2).
- Install the compressor serpentine drive belt.
- Evacuate and recharge the A/C system.
- Operate the A/C system and test for refrigerant leaks.