Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the sensor connector.
- Remove the sensor using a deep socket.
- Apply a thread locking compound such as Loctite® 242 to 2 or 3 threads of the sensor.
- Install the sensor and tighten to 9 f. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connector .
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks
- Verify that the oil gage indicator is inoperative
- Disconnect the oil pressure switch connector.
- Connect fused jumper from the oil pressure switch connector to chassis ground and check to see if the gauge works. If the gauge works, check the witch wiring for an open or short circuit.
- If the wiring and gauge are fine, replace the switch