- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Pull the park brake lever with approximately 20 kg (44.1 lb) of force.
Count the number of clicks or ratchet notches considering the following specifications:
The minimum number of clicks is 5.
- Attempt to rotate the rear wheels. Verify the rear wheels do not rotate.
- Release the park brake.
- Attempt to rotate the rear wheels. Verify the rear wheels rotate freely.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Verify the red BRAKE BRAKE warning indicator is OFF .
- If the park brake lever travel is correct, lower the vehicle.
- If the park brake lever travel is not correct, complete the Adjustment Procedure.