Adjust the rear brakes as follows:
- Temporarily install the drum and hub nuts.
- Remove the hole plug from the backing plate.
- Turn the adjuster to expand the shoe until the drum locks.
- Back off the adjuster eight notches using a suitable adjustment tool.
- Install the hole plug. into the backing plate to prevent dirt and moisture from entering.
- Readjust the parking brake cable as necessary.
- Install the wheels.
- Refill the master cylinder and pump pedal to attain full brake pedal before Road-testing the vehicle.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Lubricate the contact points on the backing plate and the adjuster with lithium grease.
Install or connect the following: