- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain the transfer case fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
WARNINGWhen removing the transfer case, DO NOT touch the oil seal.
Negative battery cable. Due to the air bag system, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following specifications:
- Transfer case stiffener case bolts: 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Engine mounting bracket bolts: 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Add fluid to the transfer case, and check for leaks.