Removal & Installation
Turn Signal/Windshield Wiper Switch
Some models covered by this manual may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column, and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
- Position the vehicle with the front wheels in a straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Wait at least ten minutes for the air bag back-up power supply to drain before continuing.
- Remove the two steering column shroud screws on 1996-98 vehicles. On 1999-00 vehicles, remove the four steering column shroud screws.
- Remove both the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Remove the two multi-function switch screws.
- Disconnect the two multi-function switch electrical connectors and remove the switch.
- The installation is the reverse of removal.