- Remove the starter from the vehicle.
- Remove the M terminal nut and cable.
- Remove the two solenoid to starter end housing bolts.
- Remove the solenoid and plunger.
- Remove the plunger and plunger spring from the solenoid.
- Install the plunger spring into the plunger.
- Apply a small amount of grease to the plunger and install the plunger into the solenoid.
- Install the solenoid, making sure that the plunger is properly engaged with the starter drive lever.
- Install the two solenoid to starter end housing bolts and tighten them to 62-70 inch lbs. (7-8 Nm).
- Install the M cable and tighten the nut to 71-79 inch lbs. (8-9 Nm).
Install the starter.