REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Jack up the car and remove both wheels and brake drums.
- Remove the ball joint nuts and remove the left and right steering knuckles. A forked ball joint removal tool is available at most auto parts store.
- Remove the arms attached to the torsion bars on one side only. To remove the arms, loosen and remove the arm setscrew and pull the arm off the end of the torsion bar.
- Loosen and remove the setscrew which secures the torsion bar to the torsion bar housing.
- Pull the torsion bar out of its housing.
- Carefully note the number of leaves and the position of the countersink marks for the torsion bar and the torsion arm.
- Align the countersink mark in the center of the bar with the hole for the setscrew and insert the torsion bar into its housing. Install the setscrew. Install the torsion arm.
- Reverse Steps 1-3 to complete.