The pressure regulator is located on the front engine cover plate beneath the right side of the intake manifold. It is fitted with an adjusting nut and a locknut. There is a T-fitting for a pressure gauge in the fuel loop line between the take off points for the right side injector units. This fitting is normally plugged with a stop screw.
Before making any adjustment, be absolutely certain that the pressure gauge being used is accurate.
To adjust the pressure regulator:
- Remove the air cleaner for access.
- Attach the pressure gauge securely to the T-fitting.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle. Make sure that the idle speed is correct. Adjustment of idling speed is explained in .
- If the pressure reading is not 28 psi, loosen the locknut and regulate the pressure with the adjusting nut.
- Tighten the locknut. Check that the pressure is still correct.
- Stop the engine. Disconnect the pressure gauge and plug the T-fitting with the stop screw. Replace the air cleaner.