The throttle valve switch is mounted to a base plate with graduated markings secured to the intake air distributor inlet. An alignment mark is located on the air distributor housing. The switch is affixed by two mounting screws and an electrical plug. To adjust the switch:
- Remove the air cleaner for access.
- Close the throttle valve completely.
- Loosen the base plate mounting screws. Slowly rotate the switch and plate assembly counterclockwise until a click is heard.
- Continue rotating the switch and plate assembly counterclockwise one more graduation. (Each graduation indicates 2°.)
- Tighten the base plate mounting screw.
- Throttle valve switch should come into operation when the throttle has moved 4° from the closed position. Unhook the throttle return spring and check that the throttle is not binding.
- Replace the throttle spring and air cleaner.