REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring from the back of the assembly.
On the Type 3 it is necessary to remove the fuse panel to gain access to this assembly.
- Remove the knurled nuts and brackets which secure the assembly in the dash. Use a 4mm allen wrench.
- Remove the assembly by gently sliding it toward the steering wheel and out of the dash.
- The fuel gauge is secured into the base of the clock by two screws. Remove the screws and slip the fuel gauge out of the clock.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure the clock and fuel gauge assembly is properly centered in the dash before fully tightening the nuts.