REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the air filter.
- The switch is located on the throttle valve housing. Disconnect the throttle valve return spring.
- Remove the throttle valve assembly but do not disconnect the bowden wire for the throttle valve or the connecting hoses to the ignition distributor.
- Remove the throttle valve switch securing screws and remove the switch.
- Reverse the above steps to install. It will be necessary to adjust the switch after installation.
ADJUSTMENT (NON-AIR FLOW
The throttle valve switch is used to shut off the fuel supply during deceleration. The switch is supposed to operate when the throttle valve is opened 2ordm;. A degree scale is stamped into the attachment plate for adjustment purposes.
- Completely close the throttle valve.
- Loosen the switch attaching screws and turn the switch carefully to the right until it hits its stop.
- Turn the switch slowly to the left until it can be heard to click and then note the position of the switch according to the degree scale.
- Continue to turn the switch another 2ordm;. The distance between any two marks on the degree scale is 2ordm;.
- Tighten the screws and recheck the adjustment.