REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Type 2 Through 1979, and Type 4
The heater blower is located above the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the two clamps and disconnect the warm air hoses from the blower.
- Disconnect and mark the blower motor electrical connections and remove the blower housing retaining screws or nuts.
- Remove the blower housing.
- To remove the blower motor and fan from the housing, remove the three screws in the blower end plate and remove the assembly. Installation is the reverse of removal.
1980 Type 2
The heater fan assembly unbolts from the back of the alternator.