REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This is a general procedure and applies to all models and types covered by this guide. A few steps may need to be slightly altered to comply with your particular vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary for easier access to the light assembly lens retaining screws, open the rear hood.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the light assembly lens retaining screws.
- Pull the lens and gasket, if equipped, off of the license plate light assembly.
- If applicable, inspect the lens gasket for tearing or crumbling. If any such damage is evident, replace the old gasket with a new one upon installation.
Once the lens is removed from the light assembly, the light bulb can be removed. To remove the light bulb:
- Grasp the light bulb and gently press it in toward its socket.
- While pressing the bulb in, turn the bulb counterclockwise until the two little pins on the bulb base clear the channels in the socket.
- Pull the bulb up and out of its socket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. During installation, make sure that the light bulb contacts are clean and free of corrosion.