REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the brake drum.
- Remove both shoe retaining springs.
- Disconnect the lower return spring.
- Disconnect the hand brake cable from the lever attached to the rear shoe.
- Remove the upper return spring and clip.
- Remove the brake shoes and connecting link.
- Remove the emergency brake lever from the rear shoe.
- Lubricate the adjusting screws and the star wheel against the head of the adjusting screw.
- Reverse Steps 1-7 to install the shoes.
- Adjust the brakes.