REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the steering column wiring at the block located behind the instrument panel and pull the column wiring harness into the passenger compartment.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the circlip on the steering shaft.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Insert the key and turn the switch to the ON position. On Type 3 vehicles it is necessary to remove the fuse box.
- Remove the three securing screws and slide the switch assembly from the steering column tube.
It is not necessary to remove the turn signal switch at this time. If it is necessary to remove the switch from the housing, continue with the disassembly procedure.
- Remove the turn signal switch.
- After removing the wiring retainer, press the ignition switch wiring block upward and out of the housing and disconnect the wiring.
- Remove the lock cylinder and the steering lock mechanism.
- Remove the ignition switch screw and pull the ignition switch rearward.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. When reinstalling the turn signal switch, make sure the lever is in the center position.
The distance between the steering wheel and the ignition switch housing is 0.08-0.12 in. (2-3mm).