REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The windshield wiper linkage is secured at the ends by a ball and socket type joint. The ball and joint may be gently pryed apart with the aid of a small prytool. Always lubricate the joints with grease before assembly.
Wiper Arm Shaft
- Remove the wiper arm.
- Remove the bearing cover or the shaft seal, depending on type.
- On Type 4 models, remove the shaft circlip.
- Remove the large wiper shaft bearing securing nut and remove the accompanying washer and rubber seal.
- Disconnect the wiper linkage from the wiper arm shaft.
- Working from inside the car, slide the shaft out of its bearing.
It may be necessary to lightly tap the shaft out of its bearing. Use a soft-faced hammer.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.