The brake pedal travel sensor is mounted to the brake booster, next to the brake master cylinder. Not all models have a brake pedal travel sensor.
Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Pump the brake pedal several times to disperse the vacuum in the booster.
- If necessary, disconnect the electrical connector from the coolant expansion tank and move the tank aside.
- Detach the electrical connector from the sensor.
- Using a small, flat-blade prytool, expand the circlip in a clockwise direction and carefully pull the sensor from the brake booster.
- Position a new snap ring, such that the opening is at the top.
- Install a new sealing ring onto the sensor and coat with soft soap.
- Install the sensor such that the notch is facing down and press the sensor into the booster until an audible sound can be heard as it is fully seated.
- Once fully seated, then reconnect the electrical connector.