Diagnosis & Testing
Digifant II Systems Only
Before testing, visually inspect all components of the system. Replace any noticeably damaged parts. Be sure to check the ignition coil and replace if it is leaking fluid.
- Turn the ignition to the OFF position. Reconnect the control unit harness.
- Unplug the harness connector from the Digifant control unit. Using a digital multimeter switched to the 20V range, connect the meter positive lead to terminal 15 and the negative lead to terminal 1 of the ignition coil. If necessary, unplug the wiring from ignition coil terminal 1, then reconnect it so that only the wire to the Hall control unit is engaged.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The meter must read a 2 volt minimum, then drop to 0 volts after 1-2 seconds. If not, replace the Hall control unit.
- Using a jumper wire, briefly touch terminal 25 of the Digifant control unit harness connector to ground. Displayed voltage must rise briefly to a 2 volt minimum.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Reconnect the control unit harness.
- Unplug the harness connector from the ignition control unit.
- Using a digital voltmeter, connect the meter positive lead to terminal 4 and the negative lead to terminal 2 of the harness connector.
- With the leads connected, turn the ignition switch ON and check for battery (12 volts) voltage.
- If voltage does not exist, inspect the integrity of the wiring, and/or refer to the wiring diagrams in Section 6.
- If 12 volts exists at the harness connector, proceed with the component check procedure.