Removal & Installation
Alternator & A/C Compressor Belt
Before removing the belt, mark its direction of rotation so it can be reinstalled in the same direction. During installation, make sure the belt is correctly seated in pulleys.
- Lift the belt tensioner with Tool 3299, or equivalent drive belt installation tool to relieve belt tension, and then remove the belt from the alternator pulley.
- Remove V-belt from the power steering pump.
Inspect the condition of the belt, as outlined in this section and replace if necessary.
- Install the drive belt on the crankshaft vibration damper.
- Install the power steering pump belt
- Lift the belt tensioner with 3299 drive belt installation tool, then install the belt.