- To align the front-to-rear position of the hatch, loosen the hinge attaching bolts on both the hatch and the body.
- Position the hatch so the gap is even all the way around the hatch.
- To adjust the hatch closing position, loosen both the lock and striker bolts.
Removal & Installation
- Open the rear hatch fully and support it in place.
- Carefully remove the trim fasteners with a flat screwdriver and remove the trim.
- Disconnect the wiring and any tubing.
- Remove the ball studs from both the upper and lower ends of the struts and remove them.
Never disassemble the support strut, as it is filled with high pressure gas. Do not turn the piston rod and the cylinder when the piston rod is extended. When discarding the strut, drill a 2-3mm (0.08-0.12 inch) hole in the bottom of the damper or use a hack saw to release the gas. Make sure to protect yourself against any metal particles that may be thrown into the air by the compressed gas during drilling.
- Remove the rear hatch hinge bolts and remove the rear hatch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.