To make the front-to-rear or side-to-side adjustment, loosen the trunk lid attaching bolts and move the trunk lid as necessary. Tighten the trunk lid attaching bolts. To make the up-and-down adjustment, loosen the hinge-to-hinge support attaching bolts and raise or lower the hinge as necessary. The trunk lid is at the correct height when it is flush with the trunk deck.
Removal & Installation
- Open and support the trunk lid securely.
- If necessary, remove the inner panel to disconnect any wiring or tubing.
- Mark the position of the trunk lid hinge in relation to the trunk lid.
- With an assistant, remove the two bolts attaching the hinge to the trunk lid. Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the scribe marks and tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).